Welcome to the Jessie Street National Women's Library
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, waterways, culture and community. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
Please note: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are advised that this website may contain, including links to, images, voices or names of deceased persons in photographs, film, audio recordings or printed material.
“To keep women’s words, women’s works alive and powerful”
— Ursula K Le Guin
Jessie Street National Women’s Library is a unique specialist library dedicated to the preservation of Australian women’s work, words and history. You can explore our collection in a number of ways:
- Browse the library's catalogue, lists and growing digitised collection online
- Visit us to access our extensive collections of books, serials, posters and archives
- Request an interlibrary loan
Ways to travel to the Library
- The Library is a 20 minute walk from Town Hall Station (through Darling Harbour) or from Central Station (via Harris St)
- Bus 501 (Ian Thorpe Pool Stop), Railway Square/Ryde
- Bus 389 (Harris and Allan Streets Stop), Pyrmont/ Bondi Junction
- By Light Rail: L2/L3, Chinatown stop; L1, Exhibition stop
- If you drive, there is limited two-hour street meter parking available
Library Opening Hours
The Library is currently closed for our summer break. Due to the delayed installation of a new air conditioning system, we are unlikely to resume our normal operations until late February 2023. We will continue to monitor emails and phone messages remotely should you have any queries.