Yellow notebook : diaries. Volume 1, 1978-1987 / Helen Garner.Publisher: Melbourne, Victoria : The Text Publishing Company, 2019Copyright date: ©2019Description: 253 pages ; 25 cmContent type:
- Helen Garner : yellow notebook
- Garner, Helen, 1942-
- Garner, Helen, 1942 -- Diaries
- Garner, Helen, 1942- -- Diaries
- Authors, Australian
- Australian diaries -- 20th century
- Authors, Australian -- 20th century -- Diaries
- Women authors, Australian -- 20th century -- Diaries
- Authors -- Australia -- Biography
- Authors -- Biography
- Authors, Australian -- 20th century -- Biography
- Women authors, Australian -- 20th century -- Biography
- 920.72 23
|Item type||Current library||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Jessie Street National Women's Library General Stacks||920.72 GAR (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Available for reference in the library and ILL||68272|
Includes bibliographical references.
“Helen Garner has kept a diary for almost all of her life. But until now, those exercise books filled with her thoughts, observations, frustrations and joys had been locked away, out of bounds, in a laundry cupboard. Finally, Garner has opened her diaries and invited readers into the world behind her novels and works of non-fiction. Yellow Notebook: Diaries Volume 1 spans a decade beginning in the late 1970s just after the publication of her first novel, Monkey Grip. With their frankness, humour and steel-sharp wit, these accounts of everyday happenings provide an intimate insight into the life of one of Australia’s greatest writers.”--Dust jacket gate fold.
There are no comments on this title.