Know My Name / edited by Natasha Bullock, Kelli Cole, Deborah Hart, Elspeth Pitt.Publisher: Canberrra, ACT : National Gallery of Australia, 2020Copyright date: ©2020Description: 458 pages : illustrations (chiefly colour) ; 31 cmContent type:
- still image
- Know my art
- Women artists -- Australia -- Exhibitions
- Arts, Modern -- 20th century
- Arts, Modern -- 21st century
- Women artists -- Australia -- Biography
- Women artists -- Australia -- 19th century -- Exhibitions
- Feminism and art -- Exhibitions
- Women photographers -- Exhibitions
- Women painters -- Exhibitions
- Women printmakers -- Exhibitions
- Women sculptors -- Exhibitions
- Art, Aboriginal Australian -- Exhibitions
- Art, Australian
- Modernism (Art)
- Women artists
- Modernism (Art) -- Australia -- Exhibitions
- Modernism (Art) -- Australia -- 20th century -- Exhibitions
- Art, Australian -- 20th century -- Exhibitions
- Art, Australian -- 21st century -- Exhibitions
- Women artists -- Australia -- 20th century -- Exhibitions
- Women artists -- Australia -- 21st century -- Exhibitions
- 709.94 23
|Item type||Current library||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Jessie Street National Women's Library General Stacks||709.94 KNO (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Available for reference in the library and ILL||90277|
"Know my art"--Back cover.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
The first word. Foreword ; Guiding principles for gender equity -- The artists. One hundred and fifty Australian women artists -- The exhibitions. Essays by Deborah Hart, Elspeth Pitt, Jaklyn Babington, Anne O'Hehir, Juliana Engberg, Kelli Cole -- The last word.
Know My Name brings together a range of works by women and female-identifying artists that shed light on diverse ways of considering the stories of Australian art. While some of the artists are relatively well known, others less so, the publication seeks to retell the dynamics of Australian art through the work of women to find new meanings and possibilities.